Advanced Nurse Practitioner – GP surgery in Devon
GP World are looking for Advanced Nurse Practitioners to join our always expanding out of hours teams across Devon and Somerset. For this position we are looking for enthusiastic Advanced nurse practitioner to work in a treatment centre.
from £35.78 - £55 per hour
The post holder will work within the Out of Hours Service, which currently provides urgent care services to Devon wide patients. This can be across a variety of areas, including: Clinical Assessment Service (CAS), Treatment Centre, home visiting and Telephone Triage.
The Advanced Nurse Practitioner will be an autonomous practitioner, who is confident to work both as the only clinician and as an integral part of the multi-disciplinary team.
They will see patients presenting through the Integrated Urgent Care Service with undifferentiated diagnoses to assess, treat, prescribe and review, referring as necessary.
The post holder will be contributing towards a ‘one team culture’ throughout the Organisation and promoting a patient centred ethos of “Putting Patients First”.
- Current NMC Registration.
- Registered General Adult Nurse.
- Recognised Advanced Nurse Practitioner qualification / higher degree e.g. PG Dip / MSC in Health care incorporating RCN Advanced Nurse Practitioner Diploma (RCN Advanced Level Nursing Practice register).
- Independent Nurse Prescriber with a minimum of 1 years’ experience.
- Credentialing- where appropriate).
- Recognised teaching/ assessing qualification e.g. ENB998: City and Guilds 730(7) Teaching and assessing adults.
- Specialist courses appropriate to primary and Urgent care such as Sexual Health and Family Planning, Asthma, CHD, Diabetes
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience, working in primary or urgent care, with at least 1 year working as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner.
- Advanced theoretical and practical knowledge of managing a wide range of clinical conditions gained as a result of additional training and work experience in primary care.
- Experience of prioritising complex workloads.
- Experience of applying relevant legislation and national guidance within nursing practice.
- Demonstrate ability to initiate and develop new services and policies in response to identified need.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of national and local policy in relation to primary care.
Referral bonus: If this position may be of interest to a friend or a colleague, you will be pleased to know that we offer up to 50P per hour referral bonus for any nurse recommended that is placed, which is intermittent.