Associate Specialist “Looked after children’s” Nurse based in Kent
GP World have an amazing new nursing opportunity as a Band 6 “looked after children’s” nurse based in Kent
Working times: Monday – Friday. Hours Negotiable
Rate: negotiable depending on experience.
To be in for a chance of this fantastic new role, the below qualification are essential.
· Clean full driving licence
· First Level Registered Nurse
· Relevant Nurse degree/diploma
· Health Visiting/School
· Nursing/Community Paediatric Nursing
· ENB 998/Preparation of Mentorship
· Evidence of Further study
· To support the specialist Looked After Nurse Manager in ensuring that the department meets its responsibilities to looked after children including care leavers.
· Contribute to the delivery of training for health staff and inter-agency training.
· To deliver holistic, patient centres care in line with statutory guidance national and local policies
· To Maintain clinical competence and credibility and engage in professional and clinical supervision and skill development.
· To work with colleagues, in an interdisciplinary way for the benefit of Looked After Children and Care Leavers.
· To carry a caseload of Looked After Children and Care leavers and undertake assessments, care planning and reviews as required, and to provide written reports.
· Significant experience of wor3king with children and young people across a range of settings.
· Team builder and worker
· Evidence bases practitioner
· Teaching and mentoring skills
· Multidisciplinary working across agencies
· Working experience of practice of safeguarding including referrals, attendance at meeting and planning.
· Experience of working with families/careers
· Experience of Mental health/Learning disabilities nursing
· Willingness to undertake further study.
Essential special knowledge/expertise
· Practiced assessor/evaluator of health care
· Can demonstrate knowledge of professional issues and current national and local drivers.
· Have knowledge of legislation and policy in relation to Safeguarding Children and Young People, Safeguarding Adults, Domestic Abuse and Prevent.
Please do not hesitate to contact GP World should you have any questions regarding the role.
Referral bonus: If this position may be of interest to a friend or a colleague, you will be pleased to know that we offer up to 50P per hour referral bonus for any nurse recommended that is placed, which is intermittent.