Band 6 School Nurse Requirements for Kent
GP world have an amazing opportunity as a Band 6 school nurse in Kent.
Job Title: Community Health Nurse
Team: Children’s Public Health Nursing
Business Unit: Children’s Service
Reports to: Clinical Lead School Nursing
Accountable to: Clinical Lead Public Health Nursing
The post is a development role to support a band 5 nurses to reach the required competencies to achieve a diploma in Public Health.
- To work as a member of the school nursing service assisting in the provision of a comprehensive service to deliver the health child programme to an identified population, promoting and preserving the health of individuals, families and communities.
- To eventually undertake health assessments and development reviews for the service.
- To lead on public health initiatives as directed by the Public Health Commissioners.
- To support attendance at safeguarding meetings when involved in client care
- To be the infection control link/resource for the team
- As agreed with team supervisor, provide day to day supervision of staff.
· Registered Nurse
· Relevant Post Qualification experience
· Evidence of Mentorship qualifications
· Basic awareness of Child development
· Knowledge of Safeguarding of adults and children
· To Demonstrate ability to organize and initiate projects
· Must be willing to develop with the changing needs of the service
· IT skills
· Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
· Possessing an up to date personal development plan showing evidence of continuing professional development.
· Child Branch Nursing Qualification
· Community Experience
· Experience of facilitation of group
PLEASE DO ENQUIRE IF YOU REQUIRE MORE INFORMATION.