Band 7 Clinical Lead Nurse
GP world have an amazing opportunity as a Band 7 Clinical Lead for an Inpatient rehab unit.
Job title: Clinical Lead
Team: Intermediate Care
Business Unit: Adult Community Care/Head of services
Reports to: Clinical Lead Intermediate Care/Head of Service
Accountable to: Clinical Lead Intermediate Care/Head of service
Base: Inpatient Rehab unit.
Hours: 37.5 – Monday to Friday (Start and finish time may vary to help accommodate patient needs)
Length of Contact: 3 months
· To provide day to day operational and line management of the intermediate care inpatient unit, identifying and managing any risks with the support/ direction of the Clinical Lead for intermediate care/ Head of Service
· To ensure the intermediate care team delivers services in line with the national & local policies providing holistic, patient centred care.
· To maintain clinical competence and credibility to enable provision of both professional and clinical supervision, skill development and support of team members.
· To work with colleagues, in an interdisciplinary way for the benefit of patients requiring intermediate care and enablement, towards key service and national objectives.
· To support the intermediate care inpatient unit to provide 24-hour service 365 days a year, participating in out of hours on call rota.
· To take the lead on the development of clinical practice and service delivery through supporting the Clinical Lead for intermediate care/ Head of Service within the organisations governance framework.
· As part of MDT, promote a whole system approach to the transfer/ discharge process and ensure a positive experience for the patient, relatives and carers.
· To uphold the organisations values: -
a. Caring and compassionate
b. Working in partnership
c. Delivering quality and value
· Registered nurse
· Leadership/ management development
· Teaching and assessment qualifications/ preparation of mentorship
· Educated at degree level Possessing an up to date personal development plan showing evidence of continuing professional development.
· Substantial proven experience working as a band 6 within a patient focussed environment
· Be able to demonstrate success in leading/ managing change
· Demonstrate ability to work in partnership both internally and with other agencies
· Ward management experience
· Clear understanding and interpretation of: -
1) The NMC code of conduct and revalidation process
2) Current Health Service Priorities
3) Clinical Governance
4) The national Service Frameworks especially relating to older peoples and long-term conditions
5) Intermediate Care
· Clear understanding of multidisciplinary issues and show a commitment to develop cross discipline working
· Show understanding of equity and diversity issues and manage cultural differences within a workforce
· Excellent communication skills
· Skilled in time management, prioritising workload and self-management
· Ability to make decisions and deal/ resolve conflict
· Have good IT skills
· Able to prioritise workload and cope under pressure
· Resilient, flexible, self-motivated and open to change
· Ability to function well as part of a team
· Progressive individual who wishes to meet new challenges and to pioneer creative ways to work
· Willingness to undertake training and development as appropriate to the needs of the post
· Wish to be a role model and innovator
· Develop professional skills to meet the demands of the role
· Extensive clinical and management experience
· Ability to communicate and lead
· Fundamental IT skills.
· Leadership degree module
· Previous similar role
· Knowledge and understanding of expectations of an inpatient area
PLEASE DO ENQUIRE IF YOU REQUIRE MORE INFORMATION.