Community Nurse Band 5 Warrington
GP World have a fantastic new opportunity for Community Nurse Band 5 Warrington
Hours: This is negotiable
Duration: - Long term
- The post holder actively supports the District Nursing team by undertaking responsibility for a delegated caseload.
- Undertakes the assessment, planning and evaluation of patients care needs.
- Liaises with the District Nurse to ensure information sharing in relation to patient care / changes to care plan and the continuity of care and reviewing of complex care packages.
- Mentoring, Teaching and Assessing.
- Liaises with all health care professionals and other agencies to ensure effective service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To promote the health and well being within the family unit and community as a whole.
- Perform comprehensive assessment of patient nursing needs as the named nurse.
- Plan, assess and evaluate programmes of care according to changing health needs under the direction of the District Nurse.
- To support the team leader in the co-ordination of complex and continuing care packages.
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with NMC.
- Attend a multi-disciplinary case conference as the named nurse if appropriate.
- To communicate and collaborate with other members of the PHCT, voluntary and statutory organisations to support individual patient care.
- To establish and maintain effective communication with patients, relatives and carers in complex and potentially challenging situations.
- To competently perform clinical skills related to the post.
- To be professionally responsible for a delegated caseload under the supervision of the District Nurse.
- To assess health needs at individual, practice and community level.
- To undertake chronic disease management reviews using appropriate template.
- To work without direct supervision.
- To access support from the District Nurse Coordinator or District Nurse within the group for the day to day workload in the absence of the teams designated District Nurse.
- Support clinical supervision within the team.
- Maintain professional portfolio that demonstrates evidence of on-going professional development.
- Ensure that practice is evidence based through undertaking audit and critically appraising literature.
- Maintain clinical standards through reflective practice and clinical supervision.
- Adhere to the NMC Standards: -
- Professional Code of Conduct.
- Scope of Professional Practice.
- Administrations of Medicines.
- Records and Record keeping.
- Identify any limitations/gaps in professional or clinical knowledge.
- Contribute to the development of and implementation of policies, procedures and guidelines relevant to own area of work.
- Promote peoples’ equality, diversity and rights.
Teaching and Learning:
- Act as a mentor for pre-registration nursing students.
- Support the development of the nursing team by teaching and assessing junior members of the team including nursing auxiliaries.
- Undertake mandatory in-house training and other training that supports the role.
- Access clinical supervision.
- Undertake training that is specific to the post.
- Teaching of patients / carers and other professionals to support patients to maintain their optimum level of independence.
- Participate in the IPA and PDP process.
- To adhere to all Trust Policies.
- Report sickness and other absences to the identified administrator.
- To provide accurate, timely information to the identified administrator regarding annual leave, expenses and study leave.
- Supply required activity data related to patient care.
- Adhere to the lone worker policy
GP world has a very lucrative referral scheme. Please do contact us should you know of anyone who would be perfect for this role.