Heart Failure Specialist Nurse – Wigan
GP World have a fantastic new job role as Hear Failure Specialist Nurse in Wigan to start as soon as possible for 6 months with the possibility of an extension.
Hours: 30 hours per week. days negotiable
Rate: negotiable depending on experience.
Car and full UK driving license: required as community role
- Review, assess and clinically examine patients within their own homes or community clinics, taking appropriate action in accordance with policies and protocols for the treatment and care of heart failure patients.
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests, taking action as appropriate in accordance with relevant protocols.
- Titrate heart failure therapy in accordance with clinical guidelines.
- Carry out venepuncture as and when required in accordance with Trust policies and protocols.
- Recognise urgent and emergency situations and take necessary action.
- Provide verbal and written information, explanation, education and counselling to patients, both on an individual basis and with their families.
- Act as an accessible point of contact for patients outside the clinic environment.
- Support patients and their families in managing the symptoms of heart failure throughout their disease process and including at the end of life referring to and liaising with palliative care services and other agencies as required.
- Support patients who are referred to the tertiary centre e.g. for heart transplant whilst they are awaiting treatment.
- Utilize research to ensure that current and future practice is evidence based.
- Contribute to cardiology clinical audit.
- Implement service improvements in response to audit findings
- Produce written reports and data as required.
- Maintain audit data as required.
Planning and Organisational Duties
- Accept referrals from wards, departments, Consultants and GP’s and make referrals to Cardiologists, GP’s and other multidisciplinary team members and external agencies as appropriate, organising emergency appointments as necessary.
- Maintain close liaison with GP’s as appropriate in caring for patients with heart failure.
- Manage clinic sessions including nurse led clinics and telephone clinics
- Maintain an open access telephone advice service for patients with heart failure and their families.
- Order specialist clinical supplies as required.
Communication and working relationships
- Liaise with Cardiologists and contribute to multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Positively contribute to the achievement of national targets and local priorities.
- Actively participate in the PDR process in accordance with Trust policy.
- Continue to expand and improve existing knowledge and skills base as necessary to optimise the fulfilment and development of the specialist nurse role and nurse led services in accordance with the scope of professional practice and patient requirements.
Please do contact GP World for further details.
We look forward to hearing from you.
GP world has a very lucrative referral scheme. Please do contact us should you know of anyone who would be perfect for this role