Locum Community Learning Disability Nurse in Kent
GP World have a fantastic new job role as Community Learning Disability Nurse in Kent
Hours: to be confirmed
Rate: depending on candidates banding. Is negotiable.
Car and full UK driving license: required as community role
- To provide support clinical leadership and direction, alongside the lead nurse, in relation to high standards of nursing practice, within the area of adult learning disabilities for Medway Community Healthcare.
- To work with the adult learning disability clinical lead/lead nurse, to ensure that the team meets the needs of clients, their careers and the service specification.
- To facilitate the management of a band 4 associate practitioner.
- To work with the team leaders to develop skills and expertise within the team and with other agencies.
- To hold a clinical caseload and deliver highly specialised clinical interventions.
- To develop regional links for ALD/ALD nursing.
- To work as a member of a multidisciplinary team, delivering effective, high quality packages of care.
- Current entry on NMC register (learning disabilities)
- Degree or diploma in learning disability nursing.
- Sign off mentor
- Demonstrable post graduate accumulative experience in the field of ALD.
- Experience of delivering education and teaching.
- Proven and evidence of experience in an autonomous practitioner role
- Experience of using research and other evidence to inform practice
- Presentation skills and teaching qualification or experience
- Research awareness and audit skills
Disposition, adjustment, attitude and commitment
- Able to work and make decisions autonomously and take the initiative
- Assertive but diplomatic towards colleagues, patients, carers and relatives with interpersonal skills which will encourage self-empowerment
- Flexible and responsive to the needs of the service
- Ability to recognise own limitations and to refer appropriately when necessary in accordance with professional code of conduct
Practical / intellectual skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management, organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Able to travel to dispersed sites in a timely manner
Please do contact GP World for further details.
We look forward to hearing from you.
GP world has a very lucrative referral scheme. Please do contact us should you know of anyone who would be perfect for this role