Locum Nurse Practitioner in Widnes
GP World have a fantastic new job role as Nurse Practitioner in Widnes.
We require someone to start as soon as possible and continue for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
Prescribing – preferable V300 stated on NMC
Hours: Full time Mon-Fri 37.5 hours
Department: Community Nursing
Accountable to: Chief Nurse
Responsible to: Clinical Manager
Car and full UK driving license: required as community role
The post holder will be an integral member of the multi-disciplinary Frailty Team
The primary function of the role is to maximise the patient’s health, clinically assess and treat patients in a defined group and reduce risks that contribute to ill health, thereby reducing unnecessary admissions to acute services, reducing demand on GP time and facilitating the delivery of efficient, effective, co-ordinated and timely high-quality care to frailty patients.
- Relevant Clinical Professional Qualification
- Degree or equivalent clinical/advanced practice
- Extensive post registration experience
- Management/Clinical Leadership experience
- Desirable Specialist practitioner
- Evidence of post registration/ qualification study on management of COPD, Diabetes or Coronary Heart Disease
- Prescribing qualification at V300 level* or working towards this
- Experience of working with patients with long term conditions
- Experience of successful multi agency working – including an understanding/ experience of working in a social care environment
- Evidence of influencing, motivating and negotiating with others to achieve change in relation to care
Skills, Knowledge & Competencies
- Understanding of the principles of case management
- Awareness of long-term condition management agenda
- Awareness of current national and local agenda in health and social care for frailty
- Evidence of being able to communicate complex information and advice on healthcare to patients/carers and colleagues
- Ability to work under pressure and manage a diverse work load
- Excellent interpersonal skills; including negotiation, influencing and presentation
- Risk Assessment skills
- Ability to understand and analyse complex data
- Self-management and motivation skills
- Confidence to challenge traditional practice and persistence to address difficult issues
- Networking knowledge and understanding of local services
Please do contact GP World for further details.
We look forward to hearing from you.
GP world has a very lucrative referral scheme. Please do contact us should you know of anyone who would be perfect for this role