Paediatric Staff Nurse - London
GP World have an amazing new nursing opportunity as a Staff Nurse in Paediatric nursing at fantastic rates.
Working times: 37.5 Hours per week. Flexible shifts on internal rotation, including dates and occasional weekend.
Salary:£31,630 - £35,822 + 4% shift enhancement and flexible benefits.
As a Paediatric Staff Nurse working within the day case unit, you will be responsible and accountable for the assessment of required care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of holistic care for children on our post-surgical and medical ward. You will be working to promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care through research, evidence-based practice and the developmental of additional clinical skills in the speciality.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, assess, implement and evaluate programmes of care for individual children and to supervise junior staff in this activity.
- Ensure an ongoing welcoming, caring and safe environment is provided for the children and their families.
- Communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff, overcoming any barriers to understanding and providing support during distressing or emotional events.
- Develop and maintain clinical skills and knowledge necessary to provide holistic, evidence-based nursing care.
- Ensure clinical practice is evidence based or peer reviewed “best practice”.
- Assist with ongoing education and training of families.
Skills & Experience
- NMC Child Registered Nurse with basic paediatric life support.
- Understanding of Safeguarding issues and clinical governance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team and independently.
Referral bonus: If this position may be of interest to a friend or a colleague, you will be pleased to know that we offer up to 50P per hour referral bonus for any nurse recommended that is placed, which is intermittent.