Practice Nurse - London
GP World have a fantastic new job opportunity in London as a Practice Nurse.
Position: Practice Nurse – Infection control, asthma and COPD.
Working times: to be confirmed.
Salary: £51k per year
Responsible to: GP Partner – Practice Manager – Finance, operational, performance and Administrative Matters
Main Purpose of Job: To assist with the delivery, development, coordination and monitoring of an effective holistic nursing service within the practice. Work as an autonomous clinician demonstrating critical thinking and clinical decision making in the management of care for patients at an enhanced level. The Nurse will be accountable for the assessment, planning, implementation, auditing, evaluating and provision of a nursing service with the practice nursing team across the sites.
Duties and Responsibilities to Include:
· To undertake, coordinate and monitor nursing care delivered using valid evidence-based practice that maintain or improve the health and wellbeing of the practice population.
· Provide a minor illness service as defined by agreed practice policies and guidelines based on best practice
· To create and implement action plans and operational policies to ensure delivery of enhanced nursing clinical services as specified, required and defined by the practice management post their approval and ratification.
· To assist the PM, coordinate the nursing team in allocated areas, working closely with practice manager and GP’s to deliver practice priorities
· To access evidence-based research to encourage debate, discussion and where appropriate implement changes to clinical practice.
· Assess, develop, evaluate and implement treatment programmes that promote health and wellbeing.
· Assess, develop, evaluate and implement treatment programmes for patients with a long-term condition. Work with other health care professionals to diagnose, manage and treat long term conditions which could include non-drug-based treatment methods.
· Prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately to assist the patients in complex, urgent or emergency situations including initiating effective emergency care
· Recognise and assess patients with mental health needs and support patients with learning disabilities
· Promote and deliver evidence-based care for patients
· Presenting with aural conditions including ear syringing
· Undertake and take a lead in a range of clinical activities that may include the following (subject to appropriate level of training and development):
-Wound Care including assessment, treatment and evaluation
-Immunisations (in children and adults)
-Travel health advice and services
- Health screening for all patients including those newly registered with the practice protocols and clinical guidelines to provide ongoing care and management to patients with chronic illness in specific clinic and within the service specification and practice policy
-Provide lifestyle advice and information referring to specialist services where appropriate
- Participate in screening and health promotion programmes in line with national and local HiMP priorities (e.g breast screening, cervical screening and sexual health, HPV, flu)
- Family planning and advice services
- Support for practice minor surgery provision (if commenced)
- Anti Coagulation provision using appropriate tools
- Provide information on over the counter medication and review medication for therapeutic effectiveness appropriate for patient needs and to meet best practice, national and practice policies
- Spirometry services
- Offer duty nurse services as part of the duty triage practice team
-Support the practice deliver new serviced available for us to provide for our patients with NHS Specifications under the direction as leadership of partners
- Oversee health care assistants, support and mentor as appropriate
- Infection control lead for practice
Referral bonus: If this position may be of interest to a friend or a colleague, you will be pleased to know that we offer up to 50P per hour referral bonus for any nurse recommended that is placed