Primary Care – Clinical Research Nurse Manager – London
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Clinical Research Nurse Manager
The role will be helping pharmaceutical and contract research organisations find the right patient, for the right trial, at the right time.
We put the patient at the heart of everything we do to ensure the best experience and environment for volunteers and participants. Accelerating clinical breakthrough for our customers, our patients, and for future generations.
Salary & Benefits Package
- £38,000-£45,000 per annum
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Life insurance, 3x annual salary
- Employee healthcare cash plan programme
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Enhanced sickness and family friendly policies
The Clinical Research Nurse Manager will act as part of the site leadership team and support the Site Manager in profit and loss optimization. You will ensure that the clinical area of the research site provides a high quality and safe clinical research environment and initiate and manage nursing activities related to clinical trials, from initiation to termination according to ICH/GCP guidelines.
You will also ensure the commercial success of the site by recruiting and maintaining optimum patient numbers by providing professional leadership to all direct reports and being responsible for the training, professional development, and supervision of your team.
- NMC Registration with no limitations to practice
- 5+ years post registration experience
- Clinical research experience (desirable)
- Experience in managing a Clinical team
- Ability to work in a team within a multidisciplinary environment with minimal supervision
- A patient focussed attitude
- Self-motivated and excellent organisational skills
- Manage nursing activities relating to clinical trials from the startup of a trial to the close out, working to ICH/GCP guidelines
- Drive quality assurance measures and appropriate policies to enhance clinical research activity and successful business delivery.
- Exercise meticulous attention to detail when collecting, recording, safety reporting, and verifying study data, reviewing trends, and sharing best practice.
- Promote and nurture a professional, welcoming, and pleasant environment for staff and participants to ensure effective team working and provide professional leadership.
- Facilitate and ensure effective communication, by participation in regular clinical team, multidisciplinary, project strategy, feasibility, and core study meetings.
- Review research protocols, identify, and coordinate training and education requirements for clinical reports.
- Attend pre-study site selection visits, site initiation visits for any new study and keep up to date with any changes with study protocols
- Perform patient interest visits (chats) effectively with knowledge and understanding of the study protocol
- Keep patients engaged with the study at each visit to optimize patient retention
- Ensure the clinical team are regularly checking the emergency trolley. Take the lead on initiating emergency action when required e.g., cardiac arrest, anaphylaxis management, fire, or critical incidents.
- Oversee laboratory activities and be able to perform laboratory duties for each study if required
- Oversee receipt, storage and dispensing of investigational medicinal product at site, ensuring maintenance of temperature and accountability logs
- Reviewer and author of relevant clinical SOP’s/guidelines.
- Review audit reports, complaints, initiating corrective and preventative action to ensure best practice.
- Overall responsibility for Clinical Health and Safety.
- Management of Clinical Research Nurses and Clinical Trials Support Officers team through performance management. E.g., 1-1 meetings, probation reviews, goal setting, training portfolios.
- Ensure that the clinical competency assessments and study specific training has been completed.
- Work in collaboration with the Site Manager and other Research Nurse Managers to ensure efficient and effective allocation of resources are available to ensure research activity and clinical excellence is maintained.
- Contribute to the recruitment and retention of quality clinical staff.
- Review local outreach strategy with the Site Manager to promote your site within the local community.
GP world has a very lucrative referral scheme. Please do contact us should you know of anyone who would be perfect for this role.