Primary Care – Locum Band 7/8 Quality Nurse Practitioner in Nottinghamshire
GP World have a very exciting opportunity for full-time locum as a locum Band 7/8 Quality Nurse Practitioner in Nottinghamshire
This is a great opportunity to network with a service that can offer great continuity of work.
Start date: as soon as possible
End date: March 2022 with possibility of extension
Hours: 37.5 hours per week.
- Mixture of home and office work.
- Full UK driving licence
- Ability to travel between locations
- The key purpose of the role is to provide support to the Head of Quality with the patient safety and quality improvement agenda to create an Organisational patient safety culture that focuses on high quality care standards, preventing avoidable harm by using evidence based best practice, lessons learned and data to identify incident themes, and areas for improvement.
- The post holder will promote a just culture and lead on identified areas of the patient safety and quality agenda in the Organisation.
- Using strong leadership, communication, influencing and negotiating skills lead in the provision of expert advice, support and guidance to the Organisation to ensure that learning from incidents makes a positive difference to patient safety.
- The Quality Lead role will ensure visibility, and drive for the organisation wide Quality Strategy and they will support the successful and sustained spread of improvement methodologies in clinical services.
- To further develop and strengthen the training strategy to address the needs of the Organisation around quality and patient safety including root cause analysis training
- Where appropriate, to provide supervision, coaching and clinical support for staff involved in complex situations relating to patient safety i.e. case conferences, police/legal interviews, court appearances including Coroner’s inquests
Values and Behaviours
- Ability to demonstrate and understanding and Application of our key values, visions and behaviours (6C’s)
- 1st level Registration or equivalent clinical qualification
- Evidence of master’s level learning or working towards.
- Evidence of leadership experience specifically in the promotion of quality including patient safety.
- Two years working at a senior level
- Minimum of one year experience in an NHS clinical or clinical governance / quality / risk management role/safeguarding
- Expert knowledge and experience in the quality agenda
- Experience of analysing and risk assessing highly complex information and advising around all elements of quality, particularly patient safety
- Sound knowledge of quality.
- Understanding of legal principals relating to patient care, e.g. consent, clinical negligence and confidentiality
- Working knowledge of clinical risk management, effectiveness and service quality issues
- Report writing skills
- Broad understanding of the NHS and CQC regulatory requirements
- Ability to play an active role in ensuring that services understand the CQC standards and KLOEs and what individual team members do to help achieve those standards through quality improvement activities
- Knowledge of professional codes of conduct
- Experience of managing a team
- Knowledge of the
- NHS complaints regulations
- Able to work effectively in a team, supporting others and challenging colleagues’ views and attitudes when necessary
- Able assess a situation, set priorities and problem solve quickly and effectively
Knowledge and experience of developing and delivering training strategies, ensuring they are fit for purpose and adaptive to the needs of the workforce.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any more information!
We look forward to hearing from you 😊
GP world has a very lucrative referral scheme. Please do contact us should you know of anyone who would be perfect for this role.