Primary Care – NHS Band 5 Anticoagulant nurse in Kent
GP World has fantastic new position as a Band 5 Anticoagulant nurse
This new opportunity has become available within a community covering a significate area with an extremely diverse community.
We are looking for a self-motivated nurse to help take the department forward. You must be committed, flexible and approachable with experience in community nursing
Post: Band 5 Anticoagulant nurse
Banding: Band 2
Start date: as soon as possible
Contract: locum – Ad hoc
Shift Time: Monday – Friday. Flexible working hours
- To assist in the provision of a Nurse Led Anticoagulation Service offering advice and expertise within the area of Anticoagulation.
- As an autonomous practitioner, working as an integral member of the service. The post holder will be expected to take a lead role in the case management of identified cohort of patients in a locality. This will include advanced clinical assessment and provision of a management plan for patients who require anticoagulation services,
- To actively promote self-management which enables the patient to proactively manage their long term condition and know how to confidently manage or respond to any expected exacerbation or deterioration in their condition.
- To implement and review anticoagulation therapy, provide counselling support to patients on anticoagulation therapy.
- To work closely with the community cardiology arrhythmia service to identify and manage high risk patients and to work collaboratively to ensure patients receive the optimum care.
- To support junior members of staff to develop holistic assessment skills. To provide advice on oral anticoagulation therapy to colleagues and patients. Including, delivering training packages to wider community healthcare providers.
- To take a proactive lead in developing the service and ensuring the service provides evidence based clinical services. To participate in audits.
- To line manage junior members of the team to support their personal and professional development.
- In conjunction with the other Clinical sisters/Charge nurses, ensure the day to day running of the team by ensuring effective use of resources.
- Nursing qualification – Degree/Diploma/ENB
- Full NMC registration
- Registered Nurse on Part 1 of the Nursing Midwifery Council register
- Evidence of further study
- Mentorship or training qualification
- Post graduate education in Anticoagulation Management Theory & Practice.
- Post graduate accumulative experience in the fields of elderly/ rehabilitation/ community/ intermediate care/ long term conditions/acute illness.
- Experience of delivering education and teaching.
- Proven and evidence of experience in an autonomous practitioner role.
- Experience and competence in high-level clinical assessment of complex patients.
- Haematology experience.
- Experience of using technology to facilitate provision of patient care.
- Experience of motivational interviewing.
- Change management experience.
- Knowledge of current issues and trends within community healthcare, urgent Care, long term conditions, intermediate care and the NHS in general.
- A sound knowledge of clinical governance and risk management.
- Ability to practice at an advanced level.
- Experience of lone working and decision making.
- Experience of mentoring students and other healthcare professionals.
- Proven ability to manage a caseload.
- Intermediate IT skills (Windows, Internet, Outlook, Excel, EPEX).
- Presentation skills and teaching qualification or experience.
- Research awareness and audit skills.
- Anticoagulation experience.
- Experience of using research and other evidence to inform practice.
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Key roles available in leading practice development, flexible working
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Full reimbursed DBS
- Employee assistance programme
- Optional salary-sacrifice childcare vouchers
- Optional salary-sacrifice car & bike scheme
- Optional retail discount card-Large,
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any additional information on this role.
We look forward to hearing from you 😊
GP world has a very lucrative referral scheme. Please do contact us should you know of anyone who would be perfect for this role.