Primary Care – Research Nurse– Manchester
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and motivated Research Nurse to join our expanding research team
This is an independent Site Management Organisation helping pharmaceutical and contract research organisations find the right patient, for the right trial, at the right time. The Panthera team is run by a world-class team of experts with more than a hundred years of clinical research experience.
We put the patient at the heart of everything we do to ensure the best experience and environment for volunteers and participants. Accelerating clinical breakthrough for our customers, our patients, and for future generations.
Salary & Benefits Package
- £25,000-£35,000 per annum, negotiable depending on experience
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Life insurance, 3x annual salary
- Employee healthcare cash plan programme
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Enhanced sickness and family friendly policies
You will be responsible for ensuring that nursing activities, related to clinical trials across a wide and diverse range of therapeutic areas, are undertaken following Nursing and Midwifery Council guidelines and as per Good Clinical Practice (ICH-GCP). You will work alongside the wider clinical research team in the assessment and management of patient care pathways. This will involve recruitment, education, monitoring of research participants and the collection and documentation of accurate data.
As a skilled communicator, the successful candidate, must also possess excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills and be able to act as an ambassador for promoting research utilisation and best practice.
The normal working hours for the post are Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm, although the postholder may need to be flexible to accommodate patient visits and assessments outside of these hours when required.
- NMC Registration with no limitations to practice
- 2+ years post registration experience
- Clinical research experience (desirable)
- Ability to work in a team within a multidisciplinary environment with minimal supervision
- A patient focussed attitude
- Self-motivated and excellent organisational skills
- Manage nursing activities relating to clinical trials from the start up on a trial to the close out, working to ICH/GCP guidelines
- Attend site initiation visits (SIV) for any new study and keep up to date with any changes with the study protocols
- Perform PIV patient interest visits (chats) effectively with knowledge and understanding of the study protocol
- Keep patients engaged with the study at each visit to optimize patient retention
- Collecting records, verifying, and entering study data into the source notes, CRF/eCRF and all associated paperwork with a high degree of accuracy
- Promoting and nurturing a welcoming, professional and pleasant environment for staff and participants
- Ensuring that all data queries are acted upon in a timely and efficient manner
- Initiating any emergency reaction when required at site for patients or staff
- Review and regularly check the emergency trolley
- To be able to perform laboratory duties on each study if required
- Always work in compliance of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
- To keep up to date with all training, ongoing SOPs/COPs and regulatory standards
GP world has a very lucrative referral scheme. Please do contact us should you know of anyone who would be perfect for this role.