Primary Care – Salaried Oncology Clinical Research Nurse based in Liverpool
GP World has a great new opportunity as a Salaried Oncology Clinical Research Nurse based in Liverpool
GP World are working together with the Cancer Centres, to provide an all-encompassing cancer clinical research service for patients, with an exceptional level of individual patient care.
Post: Oncology Clinical Research Nurse
Salary - £35,000.00-£45,000.00 per annum.
Start date: as soon as possible
Shift Time: Full time: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week
- Full NMC registration
- Nursing Qualification
- Research – 1 year preferred
Summary of role
- Engagement with and development of network of oncologists referring patients to the correct department
- Contribution to feasibility assessments and study set up procedures.
- Handling referrals, entering patient information into our Clinical Trial Management System, booking pre-screening visits, screening and other study visits.
- Co-ordination of care for patients on trials, ensuring clinical procedures and investigations are carried out according to study protocols.
- Collection of, preparation, storage and shipping of biological samples.
- Working closely with teams to ensure safe delivery of study and standard care treatments according to protocol.
- Data collection and entry, query resolution, site file maintenance, organisation of laboratory area and supplies.
- Sponsor liaison re: pre-study site visits, site initiation, monitoring and close-out activities.
- Working with Principal Investigator to provide guidelines for SACT team around safety reporting and escalation of issues reported out of hours.
- Attendance at clinical meetings to provide research updates and maintain prominent profile of research activity.
- Collect patient feedback to promote service development.
- Reporting to colleagues on study recruitment and retention.
The post-holder should have excellent interpersonal skills, friendly and approachable, naturally empathetic and understanding. An energetic person with a pro-active drive and enthusiasm for the role, to ensure that high quality support and patient care is provided.
- ICH-Good Clinical Practice
- Health and Safety regulations
- All policies and procedures in particular reporting of quality issues
- Data Protection Act 2018/ GDPR 2018
- Ant-bribery and Corruption Act 2010
- Health & safety at work Act 1974
- Professional codes of conduct
- Attend all mandatory training applicable to this post within the required timescales.
- Seek opportunities to develop own skills.
- Adapt to any changes in the requirements of new clinical trials, or amendments to the protocol on trials that are ongoing which may impact on clinic diaries.
- Attend any Sponsor or company training events as applicable.
- Personal Development
- Actively participating in the annual Personal Development Review (PDR) process.
- Able to work on own initiative without supervision, managing own workload and working independently as well as part of the team.
- Contribute to positive working behaviours and attitude.
- Commitment and passion to the development and delivery of clinical research.
- Take responsibility for ensuring targets and deadlines are met and an exemplar service is provided.
- Promoting Equality and Reducing Inequalities
- To understand and uphold organisational policies and principles on the everyday promotion of equality, diversity, and inclusion.
- To create an inclusive working environment in which a variety of ideas, experiences and practice are valued, and where differences are respected and celebrated for the benefit of ourselves and the communities we serve.
The range of duties and responsibilities outlined above are indicative only and are intended to give a broad flavour of the range and type of duties that will be allocated. They are subject to modification in the light of changing service demands and the development requirements of the post holder.
GP world has a very lucrative referral scheme. Please do contact us should you know of anyone who would be perfect for this role.