Salaried General Practitioner required for Berkshire
GP World are looking for a salaried General Practitioner in Berkshire.
Hours: 20 Hours a week
Duration: - To be confirmed
Shift Pattern: to be confirmed
The GP role provides professional and clinical care in order to ensure the safe, effective and
compliant delivery of services to all patients. The post holder will work within the MDT at the
Urgent Care Centre, practicing high quality evidence-based medicine and will provide representation at regular site meetings in order to share best practice and provide peer support
to others within the service.
Key working relationships summary
Clinical service manager: The General Practitioner will work alongside the clinical service manager for the service, upholding clinical compliance, performing clinical audit and providing leadership and guidance.
Service coordinator: the gp reports operationally to the service coordinator for operational matters such as rota planning, absence and appraisals.
Clinical responsibilities & key skills
- To provide experience medical services, based on patient needs, where appropriate and skilled, with a focus on continuity of care
- As a clinician, provide patient focused, evidence-based practice to a high standard
- Provide support and advice to the clinical workforce and colleagues within the Group
- Be accountable for operating within the clinical governance framework for the Group at all times, incorporating service users and carers, audit, guidelines and risk management
- Act as an advocate for patients, nurses, colleagues
- Promote and deliver the business model via the clinical strategy
- Ensure effective communication
- Be committed to innovation and continual improvement. Encourage and support research and development
- Promote inter-professional training and education with colleagues
- Promote, develop and support colleagues entering Primary Care, linking with universities to embed strategic linkages and provide training opportunities where possible
- Act as an advisor and role model for all staff, the Group and external stakeholders
- To take part in clinical meetings and clinical supervision
- To participate in QI, development and learning, as part of the service team.
- Review and respond to relevant Incident Reports at site level and raise any clinical concerns with the Director of Urgent Care.
- Support the local lead for Infection Prevention and Control
- Support the local lead for Safeguarding of Adult and Children
- Perform regular clinical audit for their site(s) and report into the group Clinical;
- Governance Committee
- Urgent Care experience desired
- Actively supports Clinical Governance
- Acts as a mentor for other clinical staff, namely ANPs or ENPs requiring mentoring for their prescribing qualification
- Supports clinical audit process on monthly basis
- Builds long lasting and effective relationships within the local healthcare economy
- Acts as an ambassador for the group
- Works productively in a high-pressured environment
- Writes clearly, succinctly and correctly
- Adapts to the team and builds team spirit
- Embraces the Values in day to day work
- Proactively seeks to develop professional and clinical skills
- Operates within the agreed guidelines and requirements of the local health economy (including referral, prescribing)
- Understands NHS process/systems
- Strong communication skills
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Creative, flexible and able to work in a time pressured environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong computer literacy
The practitioner is required to effect and maintain full registration with the General Medical
Council and maintain inclusion on the appropriate NHS England Performers List. The
practitioner is also required to provide written proof and evidence of such registration.
The post-holder should recognise the importance of effective communication within the team
and will strive to:
- Communicate effectively with other team members and external suppliers
- Recognise people’s needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly
Please do contact us should you require more information.
GP world has a very lucrative referral scheme. Please do contact us should you know of anyone who would be perfect for this role.