Salaried/Locum Emergency Care Practitioner – East Leicestershire and Rutland
GP World are looking for Emergency Care Practitioner to join our always expanding team of ANPs in East Leicestershire and Rutland.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
The post holder will be responsible for the autonomous clinical assessment, treatment and/or
referral or giving advice as appropriate to first contact patients cross a wide spectrum of clinical
conditions within the services through direct contact consultations and by telephone.
Direct consultations will be undertaken in the patient’s normal place of residence, with occasional working in clinic settings. A commitment to a quality service, excellence in clinical practice and continuous professional development are integral to the role and the development of the service.
- First year level Emergency Care Practitioner minimum of 2 years post reg.
- Degree module in Injury and /or Illness
- Experience of autonomous practice supported by appropriate degree/masters level study
- Evidence of experience using advanced clinical examination & assessment skills within practice supported by the appropriate post registration qualification
Skills and Knowledge
- Prepared to participate in service development
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills
- Computer literate
- Has experience of concise history taking and differential diagnosis skills at and advanced level, employing critical thinking.
- Ability to identify individual client needs
- Demonstrable awareness of accountability in clinical practice
- Able to prioritize, effective time management.
- Commitment to life long learning
- Counselling & communication skills
- Facilitation & negotiation skills
- Specialist clinical/Technical skills
- Interpretation of blood tests
- Application of plasters
- X ray interpretation
- Venepuncture / Cannulation
- Evidence of using PGD’s or independent prescribing
- Management of Paediatric conditions
- Long term conditions
- Suturing / wound closure
- Experience of autonomous practice working and multi-professional team working
- Can show evidence of using advanced physical examination and assessment skills in practice
- Can demonstrate a broad and sound knowledge of complex and common conditions in primary care in both adults and children
- Has experience in nurse led clinics or emergency care centres, out of hours facilities or walk in centres
- Experience of prescribing medicines under patient group directives
- Experience in an Urgent Care setting either in A&E/WIC/UCC/First responder or similar
- Able to work unsocial hours including bank holidays
- Flexibility to meet service/Rota needs
- Be prepared to travel between different primary Care Sites when on duty.
- Full driving license. Use of a vehicle
Please do contact GP World for further details.
We look forward to hearing from you.
GP world has a very lucrative referral scheme. Please do contact us should you know of anyone who would be perfect for this role.